Kol HaLev Vision, Values and Mission
The Kol HaLev Vision
We are a sacred Jewish community that celebrates the Divine, builds meaningful human connections and repairs the world.
The Kol HaLev Values
- A learning community spanning and bridging generations
- A participatory egalitarian community committed to open and democratic decision making grounded in Jewish traditions and contemporary perspectives
- A welcoming community embracing a diversity of life experiences and Jewish journeys
- A warm, caring community nurturing connection and support among its members
- A vibrant spiritual community celebrating and cultivating self expression and holiness in the rhythms of Jewish life
- An involved community dedicated to Israel, Reconstructionist Judaism and repairing the world
The Kol HaLev Mission
- Kol HaLev is a vibrant Reconstructionist Jewish community dedicated to the continuity and evolution of our people and tradition.
- We are a welcoming community that embraces a diversity of life experiences and Jewish journeys and fosters connections, communication and support among our members.
- We are a spiritual community celebrating and cultivating self-expression and holiness in the rhythms of Jewish life through thoughtful rituals, meaningful religious services and joyful celebrations.
- We are a learning community providing creative and engaging Jewish educational experiences encompassing youth, adult and intergenerational programming.
- We are an involved and caring community, serving the needs of both our members and broader society, dedicated to Israel, Reconstructionist Judaism, and repairing the world (tikkun olam).
- We are a fiscally responsible and participatory community, sustained by our members' financial commitments, voluntary efforts and involvement in our open, democratic decision-making process.
Adopted by the membership on June 3, 2007