Kol HaLev’s Strategic Plan, In Brief
In 2009, Kol HaLev adopted a vision of “A sacred Jewish community that celebrates the Divine, builds meaningful human connections and repairs the world" and defined as our Mission the intention of being “A vibrant Reconstructionist Jewish community dedicated to the continuity and evolution of our people and tradition.” Using this Vision, Mission and our Core Values as source documents, we developed, over the course of two years, a clearly defined set of strategic actions to guide our efforts as a community over the next several years.
Our strategic plan has 5 major Goal Areas:
- Create a welcoming and caring community based on heart-felt Jewish values that serves the needs of our members
- Create a vibrant spiritual community celebrating and cultivating self-expression and holiness in the rhythms of Jewish life
- Become a learning community that provides creative and engaging Jewish educational experiences
- Become an informed and involved community serving the needs of our broader society
- Be an open and democratic community sustained by our members’ financial commitments, participation and volunteerism
These Goal Areas inform our current governance structure, in which individual committees and actions are grouped together according to the Goal Area they best reflect and support.
An evolving work in progress.the Strategic Plan outlines the work we are committed to undertake as a community at the current time, and provides a guide for future work.
You can also read about the strategic planning process in this narrative by Greg Selker.